Information on the processing of personal data
for candidates for studies/doctoral school/postgraduate studies/for education in international academic exchange
1. University of Lodz, seated at ul. Narutowicza 68, 90-136 Łódź, Poland, is your personal data controller.
2. In any case, you may contact the Data Protection Officer by post (postal address: IOD UŁ, ul. Narutowicza 68, 90-136 Łódź) or via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. The personal data are processed for purposes of registration at the IRK admission platform, and admission to degree studies / doctoral school / non-degree postgraduate studies / international academic exchange.
4. Your personal data will be processed pursuant to:
1) provisions of applicable law, including the Law on Higher Education and Science as well as Regulation (EU) 2021/817 of the European Parliament and of the Council establishing 'Erasmus+': the Union programme for education and training, youth and sport and repealing Regulation (EU) No 1288/2013 and internal regulations binding at the University of Lodz;
2) your consent, as far as the following is concerned:
a) matters outside the scope of personal data stored under legal provisions;
b) personal data concerning your health, including disabilities, as used for adjustment of admission procedures.
5. The recipients of Your personal data may be entities authorized on the basis of legal regulations or entities to whom data controller could have entrusted data processing on the basis of an agreement.
6. Your personal data will be stored for the period of time that is necessary to achieve the purposes for which they are collected, that is, the admission process. In the case of:
1) the candidate’s resignation from the participation in the procedure of admission to studies/to the doctoral school, resignation from starting the study programme, or being refused the admission to degree studies/the doctoral school/international academic exchange
a) documents submitted during the admission procedure to undergraduate or postgraduate study programmes and international academic exchange are returned to the candidate
b) documents submitted during the admission to the Doctoral Schools are kept by the Doctoral School for two years of the end date of the admission process.
c) data entered in the IRK admission platform (IRK online system) are deleted;
2) being admitted to first or second degree studies / doctoral school / non-degree postgraduate studies / international academic exchange:
a) personal data collected by the IRK admission platform are transferred to the University’s IT systems;
b) documents submitted during the admission procedure are kept in the personal file of the student/PhD candidate/postgraduate course participant.
7. You have the right to:
1) access your personal data;
2) correct your data if factually incorrect;
3) delete or limit processing as well as transfer your data – if legally permitted;
4) object to processing;
5) withdraw your consent at any time without affecting the lawfulness of the processing that was carried out before the consent was withdrawn;
6) file a complaint to the supervisory authority – the President of the Personal Data Protection Office in Poland, seated at: ul. Stawki 2, Warszawa (Warsaw), Poland.
8. Providing personal data is voluntary yet essential for the purposes indicated in Part 3.
Your personal data will be processed in accordance with the Article 6 Part 1 Points (a) (c) and (e) as well as Article 9 Part 2 Point (a) of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation – GDPR) in connexion with the Polish Act of 20 July 2018 – Law on Higher Education and Science.